Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2.1.2 Using Web 2.0 Tools to Differentiate Teacher Instruction

For this post, I chose to focus on Wikis. Wikis are a great web 2.0 tool that can be used in the online learning environment to encourage group work. I created an activity in which my web page design students researched various web 2.0 tools and then reported their group findings on the class wiki page. This activity encouraged all students to participate because they were aware of the fact that I could see who had logged in and who had posted to the wiki. In addition, students were concerned about others in the classroom reading their work. Therefore, I had lots of questions from students. I also found students relying on one another to review their work and help them with this assignment.
Click here to visit my wiki page.

No comments:

Post a Comment