Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2.1.3 Using Web 2.0 Tools to Differentiate Student Assessment

After researching the various web tools available for instruction and student assessment, I decided to focus this blog post on GoAnimate. This online tool allows users to quickly create professional animated videos. These videos can then be downloaded and shared with others.

Recently I was searching the Internet for videos on customer loyalty programs for business. I teach an entrepreneurship course and this was one of our topics. I felt that students needed more clarification on the topic than what I provided in the notes. Therefore, I spent a lot of time researching this topic. I finally located a few videos for use, but I believe that I could have created an even better video that would have matched our classroom learning objectives exactly. This could have been done through the use of GoAnimate.

I also like the idea of using GoAnimate for student use. After learning about a subject area, students could then use their learning to create a cumulative video on the topic. For example, I teach a unit on business ethics. After learning about ethics and the related topics, students could then be instructed to create an animated video in which they demonstrate scenarios for ethical and/or unethical behavior in a given situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment