Wednesday, April 2, 2014

4.1.2 Principles of Building Portable Learning Objects

The first learning object I created is an interactive website that contains information on Web 2.0 tools. On this site, I provided information for students about web 2.0 tools. In addition, there are links to videos and other resources that students may use to further investigate the topic. There are also prompts for them to respond to in their online blog. I plan to use this portable learning object over and over again in my various business education courses.

The second learning object I created is a video for using a software program called Adobe Flash. This video provides detailed instructions for creating movement within the program. Students are able to watch the demonstration while hearing my recorded voice providing narration for each of the required steps. I plan to use this video in the classroom when I need to provide information for using various software programs. I could simply create a video such as this that captures my screen movements and then post it for students to use later. I believe this is even better than a synchronous session because students have the ability to play, pause, and rewind when needed. You can watch my video creation below.




No comments:

Post a Comment