Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3.1.2 News

News items are an essential part of any course. I plan to incorporate news items to remind students of upcoming events, assignments, and due dates. In addition, I plan to use news items to encourage students and provide them with additional resources for acceleration and/or remediation, if needed.

There are a variety of resources that can be used to format news items to make them interesting and accessible by all. Listed below are some of the resources I plan to use with my online news items.

Free images for use:
Open Clip Art
Pics4Learning

Free online converter:
Picture Resize

Free image sizer:
Shrink Pictures

Platform for mixing and matching images:
ImageChef

Free video format converter:
FreeMake Video Converter

Tools for video creation:
Animoto
GoAnimate
Jing
Screencast
TeacherTube
Voki

Below is a news item I created to encourage students. I used ImageChef to create my news items. I found the site very easy to use.

I would post this toward the end of the semester when things are hectic and students need a reminder to stay on task because the end is in site.


No comments:

Post a Comment