Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2.1.2 Recorded Session

After researching the various options available for synchronous learning and the recording of this for later use (asynchronous learning), I decided on Blackboard Collaborate. I honestly thought that some of the other systems would be easier to use, but after trying them out and reading about several of them, I decided against them. I also did not want to put in my personal information and/or credit card information in order to have a 30 day free trial. Therefore, Blackboard Collaborate was the best choice for me.

It was very easy to start and begin using the 30 day free trial. I simply requested the trial and the link was sent to my email address. Literally two clicks later I was starting my very first recording. On a side note, I have used Blackboard before, but I was always a participant. I used it during my online courses at the University of West Georgia and more recently I used it during professional development webinars with various teachers across the state of Georgia.

The wizard was very easy to use. It stepped me through the simple process of testing my speakers and microphone. After testing these, I began my presentation and recording. I uploaded a PowerPoint file to Blackboard. Before it could be uploaded, the system used Camtasia to convert the PowerPoint to a file format that would be compatible with the system. I have used Camtasia many times before, so I was familiar with this process as well. It was a very simple process overall. I was actually very surprised at how simple it all was. I think that I will probably turn to Blackboard Collaborate in the future when I am teaching online courses. I think it is a very helpful tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment