Sunday, March 23, 2014

3.1.3 Tools within the LMS

The LMS that I am using during this quest has a variety of tools available. The tools I noted are:
  • Homepage editing
  • Announcements
  • Blogs
  • Calendar
  • Contacts
  • Course messages
  • Discussion boards
  • Date management
  • Glossary
  • Grades
  • Journal
  • Personal information
  • Email
  • Tasks
  • Rubrics
  • Self & Peer Assessment
  • Tests, Surveys & Polls
  • Wikis
In an online classroom, I believe the most valuable tools would be the classroom calendar, grades, email, discussion boards, rubrics, and tests. I cannot see online learning being successful without these important tools. On the other hand, I think the least useful tools would be self & peer assessment tools, glossary, and course messages. I can see myself sometimes using these tools, but not nearly as often as the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment