Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3.2.1 Tools for Deciding on a LMS

For K12 Education, I believe Moodle and Haiku are the top two choices of LMS vendors. After much research, it was apparent that these two LMS are widely used and respected in K12 education. If it were my choice, I believe I would choose Moodle for a K12 educational environment.

The reasons for my choice include:

  • It is free!
  • Supports teaching and learning
  • Customized to fit blended learning or completely online learning
  • Scalable for any size
  • Private and secure
  • Can be accessed from any device


All of the above reasons played a big part in my decision. I also decided on Moodle because it is widely used as evidenced by Moodle Statistics as well as  references by K12 institutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment