Sunday, March 23, 2014

3.1.2 Creation and Investigation into Courses

For the creation of my course shell, I decided to go with Blackboard. According to the Blackboard website, it would take me three easy steps to get started. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it really was that simple. I registered with the site by filling out a simple form. I then selected the digital citizenship package that was previously created. The package was then uploaded to the blackboard site. All I had to do then was go through and click on the navigation buttons on the left side of the screen to customize the course. The navigation had options for course tools (announcements, blogs, contacts, glossary, rubrics, tasks, etc.) There were also options for evaluation, grading, users & groups, etc.

I found this experience simple and the system easy to use. I will definitely use Blackboard again in the future. I can see it being useful in the online classroom as well as the traditional classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment